Cockroach Control Austin
Professional Control When You Need It Most
Cockroaches are so resilient that they can live for an entire week without a drop of water, which is why trying to find a general over-the-counter solution or DIY trap simply does not work. From personal experience, we have seen a roach get up and scurry away like normal even after being sprayed by an entire can of “cockroach killer” spray. Moreover, just getting rid of one cockroach will not destroy all the eggs it has laid around your home. To ensure that you get reliable Austin cockroach control, be proactive in getting in touch with A-Tex Pest Management before it is too late.
How to Kill a Cockroach
Considering cockroaches can carry harmful diseases, repopulate fast, and are just downright cringe-worthy to see, make sure you take the right steps now to eliminate them from your home.
Get a quick rundown on how to kill a cockroach below.
- Eliminate potential food and water sources by doing things like cleaning up crumbs and making sure bags are sealed
- Put out cockroach bait in an area away from children and pests, such as behind your refrigerator or under your sink
- Mix three tsp of boric acid, three tsp of sugar, and three tsp of water in an open jar, and set where you see roaches
- Use store-bought spray to kill cockroaches almost immediately when you see them scurrying across your floor or counter
- Quickly step on roaches with your shoe and then clean the area with an antibacterial cleaner to prevent spreading germs
- Remove hiding spots by breaking down and recycling cardboard boxes and paper, which offer dark places roaches love
- Hire a pest control company to asesss your infestation and use proven cockroach removal and prevention techniques