How do you know whether you have bed bugs in Austin, TX? What do they even look like?
Before they glut themselves on human blood, these insects appear to be tiny, brown bugs with an oval-shaped body. However, once they bite you, they become much larger and take on a red tint on account of all the blood they have consumed.
The reason why they are so hard to find is that they can easily hide on account of their small size.
They transport easily, whether on backpacks, luggage, shoes, or clothes, and immediately begin laying eggs when they settle, making them difficult to eradicate.
How Do Bed Bugs Spread?
Bed bugs are very transient, and with world travel being as simple as it is, bed bugs' ease of transportation is quite doable. They can be picked up by unsuspected victims virtually anywhere; public transport like trains, planes, buses and taxis, theaters, lodging accommodations, offices, medical facilities, secondhand stores, and so on.
With bed bugs being so prevalent, it is important to take precautions as you visit public places and buy secondhand furniture and other items.
Fast & Lasting Bed Bug Removal
In addition to being difficult to find because of their small size, bed bugs are often impervious to many chemicals. They also leave thousands of nearly invisible eggs ready to start the cycle anew, so even if you get rid of the parents, you will inevitably be left with several generations ready to breed all over again. This is why do-it-yourself attempts simply do not work.
It is crucial to get a bed bug exterminator to examine your property immediately, so we can apply the appropriate treatments and make sure that these areas remain un-infested in the future. With proper bed bug treatment in Austin, you can rest easily at night knowing that you and your household are truly “sleeping tight.”
What are the Signs of Bed Bugs?
It is important to recognize signs of bed bugs so that you can stop a colony from becoming an infestation.
Some of the signs that you have been invaded by bed bugs include:
- Stains of blood marking up your pillows, blankets, and sheets
- Dark little marks of feces and excrement left by bed bugs on bedding, walls, mattresses, floors, and even the ceiling
- Tiny eggshells or shed bed bug skins in cracks and corners, as well as on clothing and bedding
- Musty, bitter odors emitted from the bed bugs’ glands
How to Prevent the Spread of Bed Bugs
While we recommend that you schedule routine inspections to check for any signs of bed bugs or other pests, and that you invest in professional bed bug treatment in Austin if you suspect you have an infestation, there are things you can do yourself to help prevent the spread of bed bugs as well as future infestations.
Some of the things you can do include:
- Vacuum your home regularly
- Avoid clutter in your bedroom, especially piles of clothing, because it creates more places where bed bugs can hide
- Thoroughly check all secondhand furniture for signs of bed bugs or other pests before you bring it inside your home
- Invest in a protective cover for your mattress and box spring
- Seal all the cracks and crevices in your walls
- Always use a bag stand rather than placing your luggage on the floor when you travel
- Carefully inspect your sleeping area before for signs of bed bugs when you travel
- Inspect your luggage and clothing before you return home from traveling
- If you utilize a laundromat or other laundry facility not in your home, make sure you transport your laundry in a plastic bag and immediately remove it from the dryer when it's done--we also recommend that you do all folding at home, where you're at less risk of coming into contact with bed bugs
Bed Bug Visual Inspections
A-Tex Pest Management provides fast and reliable visual bed bug inspections in Austin, TX, and the surrounding areas for both commercial and residential customers. Certified experts meticulously and thoroughly inspect the places both orthodox and unorthodox to bed bugs as well as searching for any viable eggs. Once the entire building is searched and bed bugs noted, proper and efficient bed bug extermination can commence.