Spiders can send even the toughest of men into a panic. Why do we have spiders in our homes? Spiders will enter your home through cracks and crevices, poorly screened windows and doors, gaps around windows and doors and through utility entry points. Spiders will then seek out areas that are damp and dark, but you can find them in dry, warm areas of your home as well.
Are Spiders Dangerous?
Spiders are relatively harmless even though they can appear menacing. If you come across a spider in your home, know that they are more scared of you than you are of them. They will stay away from you at all costs. That’s the reason they create webs and hide in areas of your home that go undisturbed most of the time. The black widow spider and brown recluse spider are two spiders that many homeowners rightly fear the most.
Spider Control Methods
There are two approaches that professionals will take to control spiders. One to prevent them in the first place and one to treat them once they’ve made their way inside.
• Preventative control. The best way to control any pests is to take steps to stop an infestation before they happen.
• Reactive control. Steps can be taken to eliminate an existing spider problem. Most spiders are treated the same way.
Common Spider Pest Control Questions
What do you need to know before you hire a pest control company?
• Spider pest treatment method. You will want to know what chemicals will be used inside and outside your home. How they will be applied, and will the pesticides be used according to their labels.
• Types of spiders treated. You will want to know that they can treat the spider(s) you’re dealing with.
• Pest treatment coverage period. You need to know how long they will cover your home.
• Pest control guarantee. You will also need to know how much they are willing to do to rid your home of spiders.
Spider Repellent & Prevention to Keep Spiders Away
No one wants to live with spiders. Thankfully there are steps you can take to keep them out. Keep woodpiles, rock piles, vegetation, and clutter away from the foundation of your home to prevent living conditions for spiders. Switch to yellow lights to reduce the insects around your home that spiders eat, and keep your home sealed and free of moisture as much as possible.
Spider Inspections, Control & More in Round Rock, Leander, Pflugerville, Cedar Park & Austin Texas
As the weather cools spiders will make their way into your home. If you’ve taken the right steps to keep them out and still find them crawling around, give A-Tex Pest Management a call. We can eliminate spiders and any other pests you’re dealing with.