Between business owners and homeowners, there are many who are undecided if pest control is better done by doing it yourself or hiring a professional to routinely spray and inspect your property. Keeping the commonly found bugs away, such as cockroaches, ants and spiders, seems almost too easy to tackle yourself. But is it really?
A-Tex Pest Management would like to explore the advantages and disadvantages of doing it yourself pest treatments VS professional pest control.
Pros and Cons of DIY Pest Control
Pro: You initially see money saved. With the economy being the way it is, many folks are looking into shaving off monthly expenses, and many consider handling the pest control on their own to save a few bucks.
Con: Where buying the poison and sprayer may seem cheaper at first, not having the effective chemicals to deter all the pests from your buildings could result in multiple trips and ending up with your pantry filled with inadequate bug killers.
Pro: You have control of equipment and pesticides used and know where they have been dispersed for the safety of children and pets.
Con: The over the counter equipment and pesticides you can purchase do not compare to those professionals employ. A DIY’er simply doesn’t know the correct amount to spray or the best places to apply the pesticides.
Pro: When performing the pest control yourself, you are able to do it at the most convenient time for you.
Con: You do not possess the training or expertise to adequately remove the pests from buildings. Professionals have the knowledge to incorporate better-suited methods for varying pests. Without proper applications, infestations could become more than just a nuisance!
Advantages of Professional Pest Control
– Proficiency in Pest Control. Hiring a professional to handle your pest control means effective pesticides and trained technicians with the knowledge to better handle the critters and creepers commonly found in your home or business.
– Pest Prevention. Not only is the professional exterminating any current infestations, but by using a routinely scheduled pest control service, you can deter any unwanted guests and hinder any potential problems down the line.
– Pest Control Safety Precautions. A trained expert has the appropriate pesticides that are eco-friendly. Buying over the counter pesticides means relying on the label for help. A professional can relate proper safety protocols, especially when children and pets are involved.
– Pest Control Experience. A professional sprays the buildings down in all the necessary places and has a proven method and rhythm for a speedy application. Knowing you are in good hands gives you peace of mind in knowing you will not have any crawling intruders.
– Pest Inspections. Even if you should find a particular infestation, a trained technician knows where to find other possible pest infestations and how to eradicate them; providing your home or business with a healthier environment.
Professional Pest Inspections, Control & Removal in Austin, Round Rock, Leander, Pflugerville & Cedar Park Texas
A-Tex Pest Management has the experience, training and expertise you need to adequately fortify your home against damaging and harmful pests. With effective pesticides and routine visits, your home or business will be protected from the pests commonly found; and even the unique visitors. Rodent control is also among our many services, as many furry mice and rats will attempt to stay in your home to get out of the cold. If you should find this a problem in your home, call A-Tex Pest Management. We have the training and ability to evict pests from your home or business.