The mere topic of ticks can make you feel itchy and paranoid. Before you know it, every soft wave of connection on your skin by a loose hair or a blade of grass will make you quickly inspect the area. You start to check your pets meticulously and every spare moment is asking a loved one to search through your hair to make sure those nasty little bloodsuckers are not too close for comfort. All these precautions are not bad considering that ticks are more than creepy critters looking to attach to the next available host. With their awful habits comes the potential of transmitting diseases.
A-Tex Pest Management would like to inform you of what you should know about ticks in Texas.
– For starters, ticks are not aerial but they are excellent climbers. If you discover their gross little bodies feeding on the back of your neck, the tick more than likely climbed up on your foot and traversed the length of your body to find a favorable feasting ground.
– When it comes to ticks, despite the many species, they come in all manner of size ranges.
– Most ticks are still fairly active in the winter. Deer ticks especially are not greatly impacted by the freezing temperatures.
– As previously touched on, ticks can potentially transmit disease. In recent years, even more so, spreading infections and diseases onto their hosts than in the past. Deer ticks and Lone Star ticks are more common among the populated areas of Greater Austin, following the increased deer numbers down into semi-suburban areas. Lyme disease, Babesia protozoa, Anaplasma, Ehrlichia, and Rocky Mountain spotted fever are just a few potential illnesses a tick is capable of spreading.
– There is a 24 hour grace period in which the tick first latches on that you have before it can transmit the disease it might be carrying. If you know your local area is infested with ticks, do a daily inspection while in the shower to make sure nothing got a hold.
– Tick removal can be easy, but tricky. You have to make sure the whole insect is removed. Use pointed tweezers and remove it like a splinter. If you are wary, seek medical attention for assistance.
– For optimal repellent, utilize apparel treated with tick repellents to avoid being victimized by these ruthless enemies.
– Invest in professional pest management to reduce the risk of coming into contact with a tick on your property.
Tick Pest Inspections, Prevention, Control & Removal in Austin, Round Rock, Leander, Pflugerville & Cedar Park Texas
A-Tex Pest Management is the leading expert in tick management. Our experts have masterfully trained, and continue their education in keeping up with modernized technological methods and techniques to provide the best services to our valued customers. Along with our expertise, we utilize superior quality equipment and products to eradicate infestations and minimize pests from intruding on your home or business. And ticks are no exception! We will help provide solutions to keep you, your loved ones and beloved pets safe from tick infestations and the possible threats they pose.